Terms, conditions & warranties
The following apply to all transactions, as do our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- PAYMENT TERMS are strictly net 30 days monthly account for approved credit customers, otherwise cash or approved credit card.
- CURRENT PRICES at time of despatch apply to all orders. Prices exclude VAT, which will be applied at the appropriate rate.
- DELIVERY is free of charge by Next Working Day transport to all UK mainland addresses (incl. the Isle of Wight & Skye, but not Next Day to Skye) for orders over £50 net value excl. VAT. For UK offshore (incl. Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, all offshore Scottish Islands except Skye) delivery is chargeable at cost. For orders of under £50 net value within the UK, delivery is chargeable. Timed deliveries, weekend deliveries etc are at extra cost for all orders. Tail lift vehicles are available on request (subject to availability). See delivery section on this website.
- WARRANTY normally 12 months from date of invoice. Extended parts warranties: Kuba 24 months, Fusion and Fusion Scroll units 36 months, KD Scroll and KD Hermetic units 36 months, JCC cellar cooling 36 months, LG air conditioning 36 months, Hitachi air conditioning 36 months except Utopia, IVX, IVX+ and Set Free which are 60 months. Conditions may apply. Please refer to the WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEEDURE below and in the relevent Thermofrost Cryo price list.
- MINIMUM ORDER value £25.00 excl. carriage and VAT.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Our Terms and Conditions of Sale, revised from 1st April 2009, apply to all transactions. Details are available on request or can be downloaded from this site (Acrobat Reader file, 11K)
WARRANTY CLAIMS PROCEEDURE
All warranty claims for REFRIGERATION PRODUCTS must be accompanied by a Warranty Goods Return Form. The appropriate form can be downloaded from this website (pdf files). There are two forms available, one for general refrigeration products and one for Maneurop products:
- Download Warranty Goods Return Form (General refrigeration products)
- Download Warranty Goods Return Form (Maneurop products)
The appropriate form must be returned fully completed with the warranty claim item(s) within 28 days of the product failure or problem occurring; if not we reserve the right to reject the claim.
For AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS please contact our offices in London or Birmingham and we will guide you through the warranty claim process for the appropriate manufacturer..
Other important information:
- Removal of the warranty number or serial number label from a compressor, unit or any other product which carries such a label AUTOMATICALLY invalidates the warranty. Please quote the warranty number and or serial number on any correspondence. Removal of serial numbers and manufacturers data plates may also invalidate the warranty.
- Connection stubs on compressors, units or systems MUST be sealed before return, or warranty will be invalid. All refrigerant contained within the product must be removed before sealing.
- Should you request an "advance warranty replacement," this will be invoiced pending the return and processing of the item being replaced. You will be requested to provide an order for advance replacement.
- Failure to supply all necessary paperwork will prevent the warranty being processed and may lead to the warranty claim being refused. Air conditioning units: if failure occurs after the first year of warranty, we reserve the right to ask for records of service history.
- Warranty procedures on hermetic compressors may involve cutting open the shell, rendering the compressor unusable even if no fault is subsequently found.
- Warranty items cannot generally be returned to the claimant after the warranty process has commenced, even if no fault is found. In the event that it is possible to return an item, we reserve the right to apply a processing charge.
- When a warranty item is returned to the manufacturer for examination, the manufacturers decision on the warranty claim will be conclusive and final.